Entry Requirements for UQ
- Students must achieve a minimum GPA 4 to enter any undergraduate course at UQ.
- Students are admitted to undergraduate courses at The University of Queensland in accordance with the minimum requirements specified in the 'UQ Undergraduate Requirements' document.
- For most undergraduate programs a grade of 5 in AE (Academic English) will be sufficient to meet the entry requirements for UQ.
- Students may also provided evidence of English competency in the form of an IELTS score of 6.5 overall and 6 in each sub-band. Students whose prior qualifications already meet those needed for undergraduate entry ie: GCE 'O' Level, Australian High School Certificate Pass etc will not be required to provide further evidence.
- Some undergraduate programs in the Health Sciences require an IELTS score of 7.0 or more. In these cases, students will still need to undertake an IELTS test in addition to their foundation year studies to meet the specified requirement.
Programs with Quota Intakes
- Limited places are available in the Bachelor of Dental Science, Veterinary Science, and Physiotherapy Programs.
- A higher IELTS score (or equivalent) is required for entry to these undergraduate programs.
- Prospective Physiotherapy students must also achieve a GPA of 6.0 and IELTS of 6.5 or above after the completion of the first semester of Foundation Year to remain within contention for the undergraduate program.
For further information about quota programs for entry to Foundation Year please contact the Enrolments Office on firstname.lastname@example.org