Entry Requirements for UQ
- Students must achieve a minimum GPA 4 to enter any undergraduate course at UQ.
- Students are admitted to undergraduate courses at The University of Queensland in accordance with the minimum requirements specified in the 'UQ Undergraduate Requirements' document.
- For most undergraduate programs a grade of 5 in AE (Academic English) will be sufficient to meet the entry requirements for UQ.
- Students may also provided evidence of English competency in the form of an IELTS score of 6.5 overall and 6 in each sub-band. Students whose prior qualifications already meet those needed for undergraduate entry ie: GCE 'O' Level, Australian High School Certificate Pass etc will not be required to provide further evidence.
- Some undergraduate programs in the Health Sciences require an IELTS score of 7.0 or more. In these cases, students will still need to undertake an IELTS test in addition to their foundation year studies to meet the specified requirement.
Programs with Quota Intakes
- Limited places are available in the Bachelor of Dental Science, Veterinary Science, and Nursing/Midwifery Programs.
- A higher IELTS score is required for entry to these undergraduate programs.
- Academic English competency requirements for entry to the Foundation Year program is also higher for the Bachelor of Dental Science, Veterinary Science programs.
- Academic English competency requirements for entry to the Foundation Year program for the Bachelor of Nursing, Midwifery and Nursing/Midwifery programs are the same as all other programs.
For further information about quota programs for entry to Foundation Year please contact the Enrolments Office on firstname.lastname@example.org